Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WKNO GALLERY ~ Help Public Broadcasting


HEELS ON FIRE
44" x 68"
Mixed Media on Unstretched Canvas
This piece was inspired by the rock-n-roll legends that sprung out in the 1950's in Memphis and the inspiration for the movement of Rockabilly to Psychobilly. Although I received offers on the piece I decided to do what was best and donate it to the WKNO Fine Art Auction, which is the PBS public broadcast station for Memphis. I can't imagine growing up without PBS and have helped out by donating pieces for the past three years now. I plan to continue the tradition each and every year to make sure I do my part in our children's early development. For more information on when the PBS auction will air follow this link http://www.wkno.org/, you can still get the piece and 100% will go to PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your opinion...RWJR