Saturday, August 29, 2009

THYROID SURGERY

This piece is inspired by the recent turn of events in my personal life. I have surgery on the ninth to remove a five centimeter nodule on my left thyroid gland, about two inches long. My Doc says it might be cancer and they might have to remove both thyroid glands because there is a growth on the other one too. On top of that they have to move my vocal cord nerve by slicing it off of the gland and set it aside giving the possibility of voice loss. I've been having dreams about my throat being cut and thought this would be a good way to get out my fears and try to think positive. I Hope I didn't freak everyone out. I just wanted to let you know what this piece is inspired by, and what I'm up against. Thanks again so much to EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your opinion...RWJR