Wednesday, January 14, 2009

STRAY

(Wo-o-o-o! Wo-o-o-o! Wooo!)Woman hold her head and cry,'Cause her son had been shot down in the street and diedFrom a stray bullet.Woman hold her head and cry;Explaining to her was a passerbyWho saw the woman cry (cry)Wondering how can she work it out,Now she knows that the wages of sin is death, yeah!Gift of Jah is life. (life)She cried: Ah-um, I - I know!"Johnny was a good man," I - I know! (never did a thing wrong)"Johnny was a good, good, good, good, good, good, good, good,good, good, good man", (Johnny was good man)she cried - she crie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ie-ied!Wo-ooh! Woman hold her head and cry,As her son had been shot down in the street and diedJust because of the system. (system)Woman hold her head and cry;Comforting her I was passing by.She complained, then she cry:Oh-ooh-wo-ah, cry (ah-ah), yeah, I know now (ah-ah),no I know, I know now: (Johnny was a good man)Said I know, mm-mm-mm-mm-mm. (Never did a thing wrong)Ah! Ah! (Johnny was a good man)Can a woman tender care, she cried, (Never did a thing wrong)Cease towards the child she bear? (Johnny was a good man)Wo-ho-ho-ooh! Woman cry, woman - (Never did a thing wrong)She cried, wo-oh! She cried, yeah! (Johnny was a good man)Can a woman tender careCease towards the child she bear? (Never did a thing wrong)Wo-now, cry! (Johnny was a good man) - Lyrics by Bob Marley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input, I appreciate your opinion...RWJR